Gain the flexibility to quickly and cost-effectively create sheet metal part designs using 3D design, accelerating the design process,
saving time and development costs, and increasing productivity.
- Design 3D solid sheet metal parts and assemblies
- Convert 3D models or imported CAD models directly to sheet metal models and automatically input your own bend radius, thickness, and
- Design around a group of parts in an assembly automatically estimate sheet
metal manufacturing costs as you design.
Since many industries require a wide range of sheet metal parts to house or enclose their designs, 3D makes a flexible design approach
- Convert imported CAD models, create original parts, or design around a group of parts
- Generate Base, Edge, Miter, and Swept Flanges
- Generate bends, including Lofted Bends, Sketched Bends, and more
- Use Bend Tables for bend allowance/bend deduction
- Use Forming Tools to create features like ribs, louvers, lances, embosses, and extruded flanges
- Add weld details to sheet metal parts on models or drawings
- Automatically flatten parts to generate flat patterns for manufacturing with bend compensation
- Automatically estimate sheet metal part manufacturing cost as you design